In this book, you’ll discover a state-by-state directory of accessible travel destinations across the United States as well as pictures and perspectives from people who are exploring their world on wheels.
These accessible travel suggestions are part of the Wheels UP! Accessible US Travel Guide program (Formerly the Get Out and Enjoy Life (GOEL) program) that is a joint educational initiative between SPORTS ‘N SPOKES magazine, the Spina Bifida Association, Abilities Expo and Cure Medical.
Each chapter of this book provides easily-accessible destinations that are fun and engaging for friends who use wheelchairs.
See all of the photos of people Enjoying Life on wheels from our 2018 Photo Contest at: https://www.facebook.com/pg/CureNation/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2246424442094983
This updated travel guide is an easy, encouraging read that will help you explore all kinds of travel destinations and family fun spots, whether you are new to using a wheelchair or a seasoned pro.
Please note that not every state in the US is featured in this travel guide, just the ones that we have included in our Wheels UP! program to date. Download your copy using the button below.Our key partners for the Wheels UP! Accessible US Travel Guide program are:
- SPORTS ‘N SPOKES Magazine
- The Spina Bifida Association of America
- Cure Medical, an intermittent catheter manufacturer
- The Abilities Expo
To stay connected with the GOEL program and receive updates on a regular basis when we publish new resources and articles, join the Cure Nation.
- Sign up for the free, CURE NATION e-newsletter to have the latest stories delivered directly to you, once a month.
- Have an accessible travel destination you’d like to share? Let us know.
- Be sure to take minute to meet the Cure Advocates too.
You may also enjoy: